Last week I posted about pairs, so it’s only logical that this week’s TV Tuesday honors my favorite groups or teams. Not necessarily in order, here are the top teams on TV:
10. The ladies from Sex and the City – I quite honestly almost forgot about these ladies somehow! I’m not sure how that happened, since these ladies make quite a group. My boyfriend (and most men) like to think the show is purely about sex and relationships with men, and there is quite a bit of that in it, but the show is really about female friendships at its heart. Have I wished to have three lady friends that I have breakfast with every Saturday morning and who knew my life story? Yes, I most certainly have.
9. The cast of Coupling – Again, if you haven’t seen this show, you may not understand why it’s on this list, but believe me, it deserves to be on here. It is similar to Friends in many ways – one kooky male friend, lots of relationship intermingling, etc. – but it stands out on its own because its content is centered about relationships and sex. It’s a very interesting and honest show, but the cast makes the show.
8. The Scooby Doo gang – I’m not talking about the Scooby Doo cartoon you see nowadays on TV, because that version sucks. I’m talking about the Scooby Doo: Where Are You? show that I grew up with. Scooby Doo, Shaggy, and the rest of the gang always solved their mysteries – always – but they always had a hell of a time doing it! I still love the show to this day.
7. The Scoobies – Speaking of Scoobies, we certainly can’t leave out the gang from Buffy. Although each character could fight evil baddies on his or her own, they did their best work as a team. Like when the team did magic and all went into Buffy in order to go up against Adam in season 4. Or when they took on goddess Glory. Or when- I’ll stop. You get my point.
6. Angel Investigations – And of course, you can’t mention Scoobies without mentioning Angel Investigations . I have to admit – I wasn’t sure about this team when I first started watching Angel. Sure, Angel is always a champion fighter, but Cordelia? Really? Surprisingly, she’s become one of my favorite characters – she matures so incredibly much. It seems that each new character who comes into the show makes me unsure at first, but eventually works their way in until I embrace that they’re a part of the crew. Each person has a place on the team and there’s always room to expand.
5. The Leverage team – This team is the strangest combination of people, all made up of thieves. In fact, in the beginning, they talk about how working together is a one-time gig. They all realize, however, that they feel empty working on their own after having worked with such a great team, and it’s easy to see why. They understand each other incredibly well and play to their strengths. Plus, they’re all getting to steal great and grand things, whether that be a famous statue, a bank, or a movie set. Each heist is its own unique game and it always makes the show interesting to watch.
4. The B.A.U. team – Like all crime teams, the team from Criminal Minds is close-knit. They have to be – look at what they deal with on a daily basis. Unlike other shows, however, the writers don’t try to force happy team-bonding on the viewers. They’re honest about how each team member has a life of his or her own – and often doesn’t like the others interfering. That being said, there is a deep level of trust, respect, and care for each team member – and they do make a dynamic team.
3. New Directions – The club from Glee may not support or even like each other outside of the club, but we know that they care for each other. They support each other when they’re down and encourage each other to take risks. Does each person do it for his or her own personal gain? I think it depends on the person. It’s not a perfect club, but that’s the point – real teams have flaws. New Directions certainly has flaws, but they work through them in order to do what they love to do.
2. Beckett’s team – Who doesn’t love the team from Castle? Their group is my favorite crime team on TV. They know each other well enough to know when something is wrong and always save each other in the nick of time. They investigate the craziest cases and always manage to crack a few sarcastic jokes along the way. I absolutely love them.
1. The cast of Friends – Of course this group is on here. It’s dysfunctional and it’s endearing. They make you laugh and they make you cry. You want to be in a group just like that. It’s the reason that the show’s has lasted so long, and will continue to last. There’s something about a group like theirs that just makes you feel connected. It’s a great feeling.
Honorable mentions: The cast of How I Met Your Mother, the Golden Girls, the medical team from House, and the crime teams from CSI, NCIS, and Law & Order: SVU
Who is your favorite team on TV?