This morning, I dragged myself out of bed after getting less than seven hours of sleep (I was at speech sections so I didn’t get home until 11:45 p.m. and I need at least eight hours of sleep to function), frustrated myself with bad drivers in rush hour, and struggled to wake up despite coffee intake. That all felt better when I logged on and found out that I was nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award by MB of Tickling My Fancy!
Here are the rules of receiving the award:
- Thanking and linking to the person who nominated you
- Sharing 7 random facts about yourself
- Passing the award along to 15 newfound blogging buddies (Yes, this is a pay-it-forward award, which I love)
- Contacting those buddies to congratulate them
Seven random facts you may not know about me:
- I love headbands, but I don’t think they look very good on me. I have a somewhat round face (or oval, as I’m told) and a large head, so I have a hard time pulling off the headband look. I might be able to do a headband with a distinct attachment like a flower, though.
- I’m on a mission to find amazing thrift store finds. I tend to suck at this, however, so I’m hoping that I’ll find some good stuff soon – I’m planning to try some new shops and make a day of it.
- Speaking of thrift stores, I’ve considered opening up my own plus-size younger audience thrift store. Believe me when I say that there is NOTHING like that out there. It’s incredibly difficult to find stylish clothes in my size in thrift – hell, it’s hard to do that in retail stores!
- I love spending time outside when it’s nice out, but my fear of wasps/hornets sometimes keeps me indoors. It’s ridiculous and depressing, I know, but my house seems to attract the little bastards. I might try to spray early this year in hopes of preventing them from coming around.
- I really want a Mazda 3. It seems like everyone I know drives a Mazda. Not fair.
- I’m about to try a Kashi Dark Mocha Almond bar that my mom gave me. I suspect it’ll be delish.
- I love otters and tulips. Those are the way to my heart.
And without further ado, here are my 15 nominations for the Versatile Blogger Award – go check them out!
- Divergent Musings (blog of best friend, Kate)
- The Very Hungry Bookworm
- Consciously Corporate
- Happy Times
- The New Professional
- Already Pretty
- Fat Chic
- Wears With Heels
- A Beautiful Mess
- Dress With Courage
- Silly Little Blog
- Blog Giveaways (submit here if you’re hosting a giveaway!)
- ACET, Inc. Blog (my company’s blog)
Go, go! Check them out!